City of London Permanent £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits MW-NI-FA_96582
12 Feb 2014
This role will work closely with the team to provide financial and commercial support to the Brand, Promotions and Retail teams across all titles in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sales and marketing spend. You will have direct working involvement with key Sales & Marketing stakeholders, as well as the Business Intelligence team. The key responsibilities of the role will include;
* Provide the Brand, Promotions and Retail teams across the business with financial and commercial support to continuously improve financial decision making.
* Influence and challenge stakeholders (up to Marketing Director level) on their plans and execution of their plans in order to drive efficient and effective use of budget.
* Work closely with stakeholders to support supplier negotiations.
Planning & Forecasting
* Lead and support Circulation, Marketing and Finance teams in monthly and quarterly planning, forecasting and review processes in order to keep all relevant stakeholders engaged and up to date on performance and future plans.
* Understand and challenge the underlying planning assumptions that support all forecasts.
* Work closely with Brand, Promotions and Retail teams to ensure reported spend, both actuals and forecast, is an accurate reflection of activity.
* Investment appraisal (IA) for new offers, campaigns and incentives (P&Ls). The IA will clearly identifies aims, details of project and clear outcomes/measures whilst considering risks; for approval of SLT/Exec where necessary.
* Introduce and maintain a formal post investment review (PIR) process for investment decisions with a focus on determining marketing effectiveness and informing allocation of resources
You will need to be a qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with an exceptional academic track record. You will also need to have excellent communication skills for there will be a large element of the role which will involve business partnering non-finance. The fast paced nature of the this industry and the dynamism of the people that work in this business means they are an incredibly exiting place to work.