My client is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing wine companies in the UK, supplying a wide range of premium wines to all sectors of the trade including restaurants, regional wine merchants and multiple grocers and specialists. This growth has been driven by their quality of their wines, their service and their people.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, capable individual to join their busy Office team where you will work in a team of two managing the smooth running and cover of reception and the office.
This is a varied role and key responsibilities include:
– Ownership of the annual building maintenance plan, continually looking for cost efficiencies;
– Manage the Company handyman ensuring the building and surrounding areas are maintained to a high standard and necessary repairs are carried out;
– Manage the Company cleaning contract and maintain a good relationship with the Area Manager to ensure cleaning standards are at the level required;
Health and Safety:
– An active member of the H&S committee with responsibility for taking minutes during bi-monthly meetings and following through on action points;
– Responsible for managing office H&S policies and procedures, ensuring all legal documentation is up to date and available during inspections;
– Be the first point of contact for queries related to all Company related insurances;
– Liaise with brokers to manage renewals, ensuring that insurance quotations are competitive
– Liaise with the Finance team and manage office expenditure and budget, including completion of monthly credit card expenses
– Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers;
– Assist the Sales team with drafting customer contracts
The Office Manager will be responsible for sharing and covering the Office Coordinator daily duties including incoming and outgoing post, filing, office and kitchen supplies, assisting with internal events as well as organising meeting equipment and refreshments.
Essential Skills & Experience:
– At least 1-2 years’ working experience in office management;
– Previous experience of supplier management as well as H&S knowledge would be an advantage;
– Good IT literacy including Excel and Outlook;
– WSET qualification would be an advantage;
– Confident and enthusiastic with a can-do, positive attitude;
– Well organised with excellent attention to detail;
– Excellent communication skills both internally and to our customers;
Wine knowledge is not a pre-requisite but a willingness to learn is.
37.5 hours per week. The Office Management team ensure cover in the office from 8am to 5.30pm managed on a shift basis.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is dependent on experience with the following:
– Personal bonus of up to 5% of salary based on performance against key objectives
– Participation in discretionary Company bonus
– 22 days’ holiday rising to 25 days
– Stakeholder pension scheme/travel insurance
– Discounted wine
Located in South West London, and accredited by Investors in People, my client is an award-winning company which offers excellent opportunities for training and development alongside a great working environment.