City of London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
3 months ago
This is an ideal opportunity if you have recently trained as an ACA Accountant and have just Qualified and you are now looking to expand your skills into the growing area of Regulatory Accounting. You maybe Big 4/Top10 or practice trained with a focus on regulatory audits or you could have Qualified with a Bank and have had exposure to regulatory accounting. This position offers lots of development and is a career opportunity. Yo will be supported by a Finance Manager and be part of a growing challenger bank.
The role requires you to accurately prepare the financial regulatory returns on a timely basis. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping up to date with regulatory pronouncements and assess their impacts on the business. The duties include:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc regulatory returns with proper variance analyses
- Keeping up to date with consultation papers and policy statements from the regulators and providing the potential impact analysis
- Understand and correctly interpret all requirements for regulatory returns
- Ensure proper systems, processes and controls are in place
- Technically aware with a good understanding of IFRS
- Provide Finance support for Treasury regulatory returns
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The role also involves continually improving processes, maintaining standard operating procedures and upgrading systems as required. You will actively contribute to the development of Finance and initiatives for the improvement of the function and improving efficiencies in reporting.
Please apply if you have recently qualified from practice or Banking and you some exposure or experience to regulatory accounting.