City of London, London
£20000 - £22000 per annum
AF - AA - 2973_1561999308
4 months ago
My client, a growing media company based in the heart of London are looking for an Accounts Assistant to come on for 12 months to cover maternity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Downloading daily banking and processing relevant accounting entries.
- To manage all treasury relationships, including resolving banking queries.
- To reconcile bank accounts monthly, liaising with credit control and purchase ledger teams to resolve reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the monthly balance sheet, cashflow and financial statements
- Carry out month end responsibilities, including profit or loss journals for bank charges, interest and exchange rates.
- Assisting with annual audit process.
- Providing help and cover for the rest of the team as and when necessar
- Setting up daily priority payments and weekly world pay payments.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- To be currently studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/AAT)
- Numerate and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff across all levels
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to use initiative with the confidence to suggest improvements to current procedures
- Interest in the media industry