City of London, London
£23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Global Leading Real Estate Business - Excellent opportunity for a Graduate looking to secure their first role within Accounting.
Due to an internal promotion, an Accounts Assistant position has become available in the Group Finance team.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for;
- Intercompany balances such as journal entries, invoicing, reconciliation and ensuring timely settlement
- VAT & EC Sales List involving monthly reporting and analysis
- Recharges such as monthly review and journal entries
- Bank reconciliations and setting up weekly payment runs
- Monthly maintenance of accruals and prepayment schedules
- Monthly cost analysis / tracking
- ONS returns - completion on a quarterly basis
- Overall responsibility for the small head office entities, including monthly management accounts preparation and nominal account reconciliations, cash flow, statutory accounts preparation, responsibility for annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process 3 times a year
- Assisting with queries for auditors during the year end audit process
- Annual maintenance of process notes for the teams regular responsibilities
- Diligent maintenance of filing for support for all payments and receipts, as we all ensuring all relevant electronic records are appropriate maintained and stored
- Cover for the treasury team when required
The successful candidate will be:
- A Graduate or School Leaver
- 6 months minimum of transactional Accounting experience
- AAT studier or someone looking to study ACCA / CIMA
- A team player, collaborative individual who has friendly and personable.
This role will provide study support for ACCA or CIMA