3 months ago
Reporting into the Finance Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Dealing with all purchase invoices
- Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
- Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
- Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
- UK Sales invoices for production and international, including commissions and following through to collection.
- Posting nominal ledger journals
- Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
- Collecting cash from Barclays (incl petty cash and foreign exchange)
- Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
- Managing and coding petty cash expenditure whilst ensuring that the journal is accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with Production Accountants to ensure that production recoveries are booked monthly on the Production and the Corporate ledger
- Reconciling bank accounts including foreign currencies
- Agreeing intercompany balances
- Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
- Assisting in the audit preparation
- Ensuring that filing is done on a regular basis
- Opening & handling incoming post
- Handling and responding to general finance queries
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a recent Finance and Accounting Graduate with 2:1 and above
- Good A levels
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- The desire to study towards an Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)