City of London, London
£20000 - £23000 per annum
7 months ago
Role: Graduate Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Based: Old Street
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with all purchase invoices (production and corporate)
- Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
- Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
- Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
- UK Sales invoices for production and international, including commissions and following through to collection.
- Posting nominal ledger journals
- Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
- Collecting cash from Barclays (incl petty cash and foreign exchange)
- Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
- Managing and coding petty cash expenditure whilst ensuring that the journal is accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with Production Accountants to ensure that production recoveries are booked monthly on the Production and the Corporate ledger
- Reconciling bank accounts including foreign currencies
- Agreeing intercompany balances with the rest of the Argonon Group
- Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
- Assisting in the audit preparation
- Ensuring that filing is done on a regular basis
- Opening & handling incoming post
- Handling and responding to general finance queries
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles
- Knowledge of cashiering, book-keeping, and accounting duties
- Competent use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Works easily and confidently with numbers
- Ability to handle a high workload, maintain high levels of accuracy and personal organisation whilst delivering work to tight deadlines.
- Unfazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands.
- Responds efficiently to ranging queries from managers and freelancers proactively seeking to resolve
- Ability to effectively undertake research tasks, analyse data/information, report back and effectively and accurately write up findings.
- Adopts a pro-active, creative and imaginative approach to problem solving always looking for ways to improve process and procedure.
- Empathetic, clear and confident communicator able to deal with people at all levels and in varying situations.
- Ability to work effectively on own or within a project team.
- Requires low levels of supervision to effectively carry out tasks
- Friendly, personable, positive approach
- Welcomes working with creative and entrepreneurial characters
- Welcomes working within a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Keen desire for continued learning and development
Everyone who works with us is expected to be flexible regarding their duties. Job descriptions will evolve and change over time and are not exhaustive lists of what we are expected to do.