City of London, London
£20000 - £23000 per annum + Benefits
19 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a leading Media Company based in the City who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their Finance team You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller where you will be given the support to actively study for an accountancy qualification. This is an ideal role for someone who has at least a years' experience in a Finance role previously and looking to speak both French and English in their next role.
- Assist in the preparation of month management accounts pack
- Work with the Managements accounts to provide robust weekly cash reports
- Ensure that tight cost control through constant monitoring of Credit card spend
- Assist the management accounts function in the development improvement of current processes/functionality
- Being able to fully run and provide cover to the team when needed in these functions
- Maintaining ledger; Adding all new information to the system when a new contract has been signed
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Assisting with any queries relating to statements and payments
- Assisting with weekly payment run including printing and emailing remittances
- Any ad-hoc tasks as requested
- French Speaking at business level is a must!
- Be part qualified or actively seeing to finish their exams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Willingness to learn and has a desire to work in finance
- At least one year's experience in an accounting role
- Practical experience of some accounting systems is advantageous
- Intermediate Excel skills