City of London, London
£23000 - £25000 per annum + study support
7 months ago
A market leading media company are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The Accounts Assistant will report directly into the Financial Controller and receive training and support on a daily basis.
The Financial Controller has specified that candidates come with good academics at and hold some practical work experience to show their interest in the field.
- Dealing with all purchase invoices
- Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
- Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
- Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
- UK Sales invoices for production and international, including commissions and following through to collection.
- Posting nominal ledger journals
- Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
- Collecting cash from Barclays (incl petty cash and foreign exchange)
- Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
- Managing and coding petty cash expenditure whilst ensuring that the journal is accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with Production Accountants to ensure that production recoveries are booked monthly on the Production and the Corporate ledger
- Reconciling bank accounts including foreign currencies
- Agreeing intercompany balances
- Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
- Assisting in the audit preparation
- Ensuring that filing is done on a regular basis
- Opening & handling incoming post
- Handling and responding to general finance queries
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
Skills required -
- Recent degree level educated university graduate (2:1 and above)
- AP work experience required - 6 months minimum
- Knowledge of cashiering, book-keeping, and accounting duties
- In the early stages of an accountancy qualification or committed to studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and general computer skills
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Ambitious, driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
- Adaptable, quick to pick up new concepts and eager to solve problems
Salary: £23000 - £25000 plus study support