City of London, London
£23000 - £25000 per annum + study support
30 days ago
Accounts Assistant - Property
A market leading property company are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The Accounts Assistant will report directly into the Management Accountant and receive training and support on a daily basis. The Accounts Assistant and Management Accountant are both responsible for the financial management of the head office entities, which primarily hold the group function cost centres, group treasury function activity and various other smaller holding companies.
The Management Accountant has specified that candidates come with good academics at and hold some practical work experience to show their interest in the field.
Key Responsibilities -
- Processing and posting of fund related invoices and payments.
- Perform balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Assist with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Timely preparation of VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements
- Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash required for payments
- Process and post commission related transactions
- Make bank deposits and keep records up to date
- Ensure timely filing of documents
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy and monitor
- Ad hoc IFA and HMRC queries
Other Duties -
- Cover for the treasury team when required
- Various office activities including distribution of post to the team
- Ad hoc project work
Skills required -
- Good academics
- AP/AR/Acc Ass work experience required 2 months minimum
- In the early stages of an accountancy qualification or committed to studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and general computer skills
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Ambitious, driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
- Adaptable, quick to pick up new concepts and eager to solve problems