£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable to join a leading currency exchange firm in the heart of London.
The role will provide fantastic exposure to the finance department as a whole, and will be an excellent opportunity to break into Financial Services industry for those who seek a career within it.
This dynamic company are based in the heart of London surrounded by all the buzz that the west end has to offer. They are seeking an energetic, ambitious individual to join their welcoming team.
- Arrange for fortnightly and weekly BACS files to be submitted for payment.
- Ensure all invoices are signed off at an appropriate authorisation level
- Produce monthly creditor's age analysis.
- Produce monthly supplier reconciliation's for all suppliers.
- Match approved purchase orders with Invoices
- Ensure all direct debit payments & cheques are posted to the appropriate cashbook and correct profit and loss accounts.
- Deal with all invoice queries internal and external to the company.
- Raise cheques where applicable.
- Post monthly intercompany/branch journals.
- Raise Sales invoices within deadlines having verified charges to contracts.
- Follow up discrepancies with relevant branch managers
- Produce monthly debtors age analysis within required deadline dates to be reviewed by respective AP/AR Supervisor
- Ensure timely collection of money.
- Perform ad hoc duties within the finance department as and when required.
- Part qualified AAT preferable
- At least 2 years work experience in an income or expenditure-processing role.
- Working knowledge of a general ledger system, specifically AP & AR modules.
- Intermediate Excel.
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping and basic principles of accounting.
- Understanding of AP and AR systems and processing
- Positive attitude with a well rounded team player personality