£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable to join a prestigious Private Equity firm in the heart of Mayfair.
The client are a leading independent mid-market private equity firm. They specialise in active investment in UK growth companies, across the business services healthcare, education and media to name a few. The firm has an open and professional atmosphere and now seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable who will form an integral part of the finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional and timely service in respect to all payments of invoices and expenses through the purchase ledger, bank reconciliations and sales invoice processing.
- Ensure all invoices and expense claim forms are correctly calculated, approved and coded and accurately input into the purchase ledger.
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the purchase ledger including payment and credit control, management reports and aged creditors.
- Responsibility for checking and monitoring the firm's daily cash position
- To prepare payment batches and enter BACS, CHAPS or international payments in the online banking platform ready for authorisation.
- Responsibility for the firm's petty cash and foreign currency cash expenses.
- Responsibility for the sales ledger in respect of the recharge of expenses across the group and to portfolio companies.
- Ensure adherence to month end deadlines
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time to assist in the general running of the Finance Team
- A solid background within an Accounts Payable position
- Recent experience working within a small finance team
- Solid IT skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and accounting systems
- Strong knowledge of recharges
- Excellent communication skills and a positive team player
- An interest in working within private equity