City of London, London
£22000 - £24000 per annum
12 days ago
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable has arisen to join a leading Foreign Exchange firm in the City. They are looking for a positive, reliable and well organised individual who is happy to learn and enjoy working in a busy environment.
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs for all subsidiaries.
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers.
- Ensure correct authorizations are obtained.
- Sending payment runs via BACs.
- Inspect and resolve misallocated costs.
- Investigate and resolve queries associated with supplier invoices and recharges.
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations.
- Confirm invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational guidelines.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files including weekly reconciliation of control accounts.
- Preparing reporting of payment practices and performance (Suppliers report)
- Degree educated (2:1 or above)
- At least one years' experience in financial accounting (must have good knowledge of financial statements
- Strong attention to detail
- Finance and bookkeeping knowledge
- Advanced Excel experience
- Highly Analytical
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all layers of senior management
- Strong organisation skills