£25000 - £30000 per annum
2 months ago
- Ensure all media supplier invoices are processed and paid in a manner to optimise working capital.
- Review and own Aged WIP, Aged Creditors and Intercompany Media Creditors on a monthly basis.
- To review, own and inform client teams of media credits quarterly as per red/green schedule.
- Stamp supplier invoice on day of receipt.
- Review supplier invoice within 48 hours of receipt. To check: addressed to us, correct currency, value, campaign details, booking in system is correct amount, currency, discount, supplier and folio linked correctly. If incorrect raise immediately with team via system and/or supplier via email. If correct, invoice to be processed straight away.
- Submit actuals invoices to the client teams within 24 hours of receipt via system. To submit with a deadline and follow up escalations. Ensure booked on system by deadline set by Media Manager on first working day of each month (usually within 96 hours).
- Receive new client forms from billings and credit controller and do company check & DB check within 24 hours.
- Check team bookings within 24 hours of submission; to check; correct amount, currency, discount, supplier and folio linked correctly. If incorrect resolve immediately.
- Media payables and booking queries should be looked into and responded to in a collaborative and constructive manner, team need to be educated and this should be done as and when there are queries and within 24 hours.
- Media payables and booking queries are not to be referred to Media Manager unless serious, advice however can be sought. Day to day queries should be considered thoroughly (obtain full information from team, question everything as an auditor would) and a considered response based on finance processes should be formulated. Impacts on rest of finance should also be considered.
- All escalation points need to be specific, thought through, and solution proposed in a constructive manner.
- Review, complete and own Aged Creditor, Aged Media WIP and Intercompany Media Reports. These should be completed with details on any old and/or significant balances and how to resolve. To be resolved promptly and each month the balances to be clear and up to date.
- Prepare and own monthly media WIP meeting.
- Twice a month review all supplier invoices to see if funds have been received, if yes request statements and bank details. If no, follow up with credit controller for status.
- Once statement and bank details received, check all details correct and process payment.
- If payment in GBP it should be paid via a 5P. If payment is in currency then it should be paid via HSBCnet, if there is no template a form should be completed, signed by FM/FD and given to media manager to add.
- Payments should be posted within 24 hours of it leaving our account.
- Any reasonable adhoc tasks as instructed by reporting managers. For e.g. leave cover of tasks - full detail should be provided with appropriate timescale.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Finance qualification - advantageous.
- Any experience working within a Finance department - advantageous.
- Commercial outlook; An awareness of consumer & business world.
- Ability to diagnose problem & underlying causes.
- Open mind to assess different options & solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with finance and non-finance people, throughout Mindshare.
- Strong verbal & written communicator - in a collaborative manner.
- Self-motivated, flexible and high level of initiative. Takes ownership of issues and personal development.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Anticipate issues and take proactive action to avoid problems.
- Understanding of SOx obligations, Accounting Standards and Business Control Environments.
- Good IT skills - in particular excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables)
- Good Finance application skills.
Attention to detail.