City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
7 months ago
A leading mid size private equity firm in the city are looking to hire an Accoounts Payable to join their team. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company.
The client are looking to recruit a positive, reliable, well organised, keen individual who is happy to get stuck in and hit the ground running.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm and have exposure to different areas of the business as you develop your career.
- Ensure all invoices and expense claim forms are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
- Reconcile supplier statements
- To prepare payment batches and enter BACS, CHAPS or International payments in the online banking platform ready for authorisation
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers.
- Ensure correct authorisations are obtained.
- Inspect and resolve misallocated costs.
- Investigate and resolve queries associated with supplier invoices and recharges.
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations.
- Confirm invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational guidelines.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files
Skills required -
- 5 years+ experience in Accounts Payable
- Recent experience of using Concur - essential
- Financial Services background preferred but not essential
- Strong Excel
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy and adherence to all controls
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
Salary: £30000 - £35000