West London, London
£28000 - £32000 per annum
4 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruting an Assistant Accountant on behalf of a high end fashion retailer towards West London.
In order to support the business in its growth, we are looking to strengthen the Finance team and this is a great opportunity to get well-rounded, in-depth, experience in an exciting industry and working environment.
The candidate filling this role will be involved in most aspects of financial operations. The position is perfect for an experienced accounts assistant looking to develop their career and work towards becoming a management accountant. The candidate will be report to the Financial Controller.
- Maintenance of the general ledger.
- Weekly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for all month end balance sheet reconciliations (including intercompany) with supporting schedules.
- Assist with the production of monthly management accounts.
- Posting relevant month end journals, including but not limited to accruals/prepayments & depreciation.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns
- Liaising with suppliers, clients and stakeholders.
- Support budgeting and forecasting process.
- Preparing weekly sales reports.
- Dealing with all supplier queries, providing supplier remittances when requested.
- Payment runs.
- Ad hoc tasks when requested.
Your essential and required skills:
- Applicants should preferably be fully qualified AAT/ part qualified ACCA, CIMA.
- Good analytical skills, computer skills - particularly MS Excel.
- Previous experience of Xero would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisation, time management, attention to detail and a great team attitude.
- Confident, with good communication and written skills.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Annual salary of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Parking spaces are also available for those who drive.