City of London, London
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Study Support
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading Investment Management firm in the heart of London.
The main duties of the Assistant Accountant will be assisting the Investment Finance team, with financial and management reporting, UK tax compliance and cash management function.
The successful candidate will have exceptional academics and hold at least 2 years experience within accounting.
- Responsible for the quarterly review of management accounts
- Reviewing management accounts of SPVs which are prepared by local accountants and administrators
- Liaising with relevant parties in respect of financial queries
- Ensuring management accounts are reviewed in timely manner to meet internal and external deadlines
- Reviewing the year-end financial statements
- Preparing the year-end financial statement for UK SPVs which are prepared under FRS 102
- Preparing Corporation and Non-resident Landlord tax computations
- Periodic forecasting of tax liability for Quarterly Instalment Payments for UK Corporation tax payers
- Monitoring bank accounts for individual property projects
- Reviewing cash flow models and updating models with annual budgets
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
- Part-qualified ACCA or CIMA accountant
- Degree level educated (2:1 or First)
- Strong A-levels and GCSE's
- Ability to work effectively and co-operatively both individually and as a team player
- Thoughtful approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail
- Think creatively to identify opportunities to strengthen existing systems and controls
- Strong Excel skills essential