City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Additional Benefits
2 months ago
KennedyPearce is currently recruiting for a Assistant Financial Accountant for a business services company.
Working as part of the financial operations team to ensure the controls that underpin the financial transaction process within the Finance department and across the Group companies are effective and allow for accurate reporting.
Banking and Treasury
- Completion of regular bank reconciliations on the main bank accounts, following up any reconciling items.
- Prepare the daily cash position report and ensure that overdrafts are avoided and surplus funds placed on deposit.
- Ensure that all payments are made on time, either via BACS transmission or electronic transfer
- Inter system reconciliations
- Premium Credit reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare daily reconciliations for subscriptions and refunds and follow up of reconciling items
- Other balance sheet reconciliations as required at month end, including pre-payments, private health, vehicles, salary continuance, radio taxis and fixed assets
- Reconcile Sundry sales ledger to general ledger on a monthly basis identifying aged debt
- Review membership ledger open items over 1 month old and follow up
- Reconcile purchase ledger and identify items over 30 days and follow up with finance admin team
- Prepare the monthly reconciliations for payroll accounts on 2 companies and follow up of reconciling items
- Close Company Ledgers monthly (cash book, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets, membership)
- Complete month end journals as per checklist
- Working with Financial Planning Manager to ensure that the monthly reporting cycle is met
Qualifications & Experience
- Commercial organisation finance department experience is essential .
- Excellent Excel and IT skills are essential.
- Part qualified studying towards becoming a qualified accountant
Job Related Competencies
- Knowledge of Sage accounting package
- Knowledge of Nat West, BACS, Payaway and AIB electronic banking packages
- Excellent organisational skills to meet deadlines and complete work to high standards.
- Excellent level of numeracy and ability to think through solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting colleagues, incorporating supervision of the finance administrators when needed.
This role is paying up to £35,000 pa + study support