£38000 - £40000 per annum + study support
29 days ago
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting To: Financial Controller
Location: City, London
Our client is a large Commercial African bank with a Finance team of 10 people, they have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Management role with an understanding of the accounts payable process. The main purpose of the role will be the accurate and timely production of all management reports, with a focus on ensuring that the Bank's books of account are representative of transactions carried out in the bank's day to day business activities for all branches.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaising with branches to obtain information for inclusion of management, statutory and regulatory reporting and a detailed understanding of the accounts payable process
- Analytical review of branch performance within the specified time frame while allowing adequate time for all necessary reviews including the financial controller and senior executives
- Preparation of value added tax return for branch(es) based on the reporting guidelines for each jurisdiction
- Preparation of regulatory returns for branches based on reporting requirements for each jurisdiction
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with all branches to ensure accuracy and consistency of data provided
- User acceptance testing on new infrastructure for branches
- Revenue and expense budgets monitoring
- Internal regulatory liquidity reporting
- The candidate must come from private service businesses
- Candidate should be a part qualified accountant (ACCA) with a detailed understanding of the accounts payable process, reconciliation and financial reporting as well as competence in the use of Sage 50 application.
- 2 - 3 years financial reporting and accounts payable experience.
- In-depth accounting knowledge and application
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to meet deadlines and perform under
- A flexible approach to working hours is a pre-requisite as on occasions there will be a need to put in extra hours
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounts