City of London, London
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part qualified accountant to join a leading private equity firm based in the city of London.
The Assistant Accountant will join the Finance for the Management Company in order to work alongside the Finance Manager with the production of management and financial information for the business. The aim is to get a thorough understanding of the business and then to progress the role and take on further responsibility, as the outsource programme frees up more time.
The successful candidate will be degree educated from a top University with exceptional academics. This prestigious private equity firm will only consider the very top calibre of candidates.
- The production of management information for the business.
- Maintaining the internal models used to produce the management accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules.
- Preparing of monthly and annual rolling cash flows.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation and distribution of Board Packs.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the production of the annual financial statements.
- Preparation of supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- Liaison with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers.
- Ensuring invoices are coded correctly by the admin assistant prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Reviewing payroll runs for accuracy prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Review of general, suppliers and Debtors ledgers produced by administrators.
- Review of monthly reporting packs from administrators.
- Overall responsibility for income and expenditure.
- Review month end accounts produced by the administrators.
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Degree educated (First or 2:1) with strong academics
- Financial Services backround with at least 3 years experience.
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Efficient, reliable and thorough
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles