£35000 - £42000 per annum + study support
10 months ago
A prestigious Private Equity firm are searching for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The current opportunity is for a part qualified accountant to join the Accounting team for the management company in order to work alongside the Finance Manager with the production of management and financial information for the business. The aim is to get a thorough understanding of the business and then to progress the role and take on further responsibility, as the outsource programme frees up more time.
There is plenty of opportunity to take on aspects of and, ultimately, step into the role of Financial Controller for the right candidate who is able to show that they are capable and willing to push themselves and grow into the role.
- The production of management information for the business.
- Maintaining the internal models used to produce the management accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules.
- Preparing of monthly and annual rolling cash flows.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the production of the annual financial statements.
- Preparation of supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- Liaison with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual FCA returns.
- Part-qualified accountant
- Degree educated (First or 2:1) with strong academics from a top tier University
- 3+ years work experience post University
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles