City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
21 days ago
KennedyPearce are working alongside one of the leading publishing firm's in the UK. They are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant based at their head office in the City of London. This role report's directly to the Financial Controller and will suit someone actively studying towards an accountancy qualification.
This role is to provide the Financial Controller with timely, relevant and accurate financial information to enable clear, well-informed decision-making and ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
To be successful in the role, the candidate will be an ambitious team player who will recognise the opportunities presented by a growing business. You will work closely with all business areas to assist in ensuring strong client relationships and high service levels are maintained and enhanced.
- Preparation of limited company management accounts with variance analysis and notes
- Working closely with all senior stakeholders in the business to understand and identify the reporting and monitoring requirements of different departments
- Accounting journal entries, including loan postings and interest accruals
- Training up various departmental managers and help them utilise the information we send them
- Working with teams to further improve and facilitate the use of data on an on-going basis
- Developing departmental P/L's across the business alongside productivity and KPI information
- Monitor productivity across the business and serve as to 'go-to' person to investigate financial trends within the business.
Further, the role will be about investigating and analysing variances against budgets and perform weekly, monthly, annual and ad-hoc reporting. This will involve working with senior stakeholders to identify reporting and monitoring requirements as well as working with different departments to implement KPI monitoring and improving productivity.
- Part qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Degree level educated - 2:1 or above
- 2+ years experience in an accounting based role
- Strong Excel - pivots, lookups, sumifs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
This role is paying £30000 - £35000 plus study support