City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Study Support
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join one of the leading private equity firms based in London on a permanent basis.
The role requires a highly driven individual with previous exposure to accounting, an eye for attention to detail and with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
This position provides the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to begin a career within private equity.
- Maintaining the internal models used to produce the management accounts
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation and distribution of Board Packs.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the productions of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the production of the annual financial statements
- Preparing of monthly and annual rolling cash flows
- Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers
- Preparation of supporting schedules to the financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly and annual FCA returns
- Liaising with the external auditors
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Degree level educated (First or 2:1) with strong academics
- Financial Services background advantageous
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills