Up to £45000.00 per annum
19 days ago
My client, a well-established financial services firm, specialising in delivering fund and corporate services, capital market solutions, private wealth and employee benefit solution, worldwide, are looking for a an Assistant Manager to join their growing team. Successful candidates will have 3-5 years' experience within Corporate Governance and compliance within financial services or a Legal Function.
As an Assistant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the managers in fulfilling obligations relevant for the management of the SPVs by drafting renewal documents, due diligence paperwork, certificates and minutes, and preparing and completing operational procedures in accordance with established procedures.
- Taking responsibility for preference share issuances and redemptions: confirming the receipt of instructions and diarising for action. Updating the control worksheet, preparing the redemption timelines, updating the register and preparing the issuance and redemption packs. Arranging for the holding of the board meetings, execution of the documents and forwarding of the appropriate documentation to the clients.
- Establishing the company books for any new SPV's and updating existing SPV company books as and when required.
- Manage a portfolio of share trusts, maintaining database and preparing for the trustees' meetings for the approval of the charity donations. Arranging for the tax computations, tax returns and payment instructions for tax payments, liaising with HMRC for registering the discretionary share trusts returns, preparing payments and communicate with charities and finally managing the orderly termination of the trusts.
- Monitoring the approval of SPV financial report and accounts and arranging for the tax computations, tax returns and payment instructions for tax payments and liaising with tax advisors and HMRC.
- Monitoring and ensuring timely completion and filing of confirmation statements and data protection registration renewals
- Monitoring of incoming SPV routine obligation requests, arranging signatures and returning paperwork to the clients and third parties ensuring proper document management.
- Arranging for the LEI annual renewals and taking care of the invoicing in this regard.
- Providing back up for administrative duties which may include: dealing with telephone calls and incoming or out-going post, arranging couriers, managing group calendar and the general e-mail inboxes, and dealing with documents, invoices and other correspondence including arranging execution, filing/scanning and saving.
- Record time spent on relevant activities for client billing purposes in accordance with established procedures.
- Dealing with ad hoc transaction enquiries and/or relevant correspondence.
As an Assistant Manager you will be need:
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy in delivery.
- An excellent level of communication skills, both oral and written, and a high level of interpersonal skills, giving the ability to work with all levels.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines within the context of a demanding workload.
- Desire to provide excellent service in the face of conflicting demands and tight deadlines; to continuously improve and streamline processes, and to make a meaningful contribution to the team.
- Ability to work both independently and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and pro-active to achieve outcome, to show initiative and have a positive attitude, and be resilient in providing the support and assistance.
- Good written and verbal English and experience with professional correspondence and documents.
- General administrative skills and strong capability in typical office software programs advanced Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- A positive attitude and a mature outlook, with a willingness to take responsibility for own development
- A graduate with experience of working in an outsourced corporate compliance or governance
- 2-3 years relevant experience