City of London, London
£37000 - £42000 per annum
3 months ago
Assistant Fund Accountant - Asset Management
A leading asset manager in the city are looking to hire an Assistant Fund Accountant to join their team. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and develop if studying towards an accountancy qualification therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The role is to provide operational support to all areas including portfolio managers and client managers. The opportunity to implement new business initiatives such as the launch of new funds will be on offer, along with exciting project work throughout the year.
This position will offer chances to get involved in the oversight of accounting, custody and administration activities which are outsourced by external parties. The Director has specified that candidates come with strong academics at degree level, hold a few years' relevant fund work experience and be a quick learner.
Key Responsibilities -
- Assist with the management of the financial reporting process
- Support in the implementation of accounting policies and regulatory changes including new legislation for financial statements of the funds
- Liaise with external auditors, fund administrators and external money managers.
- Project work including expense, regulation and change management
- Assist with new business initiative including the launch, closure and merger of funds
- Support the implementation for investment manager changes
- Provide advice and guidance to investment managers
- Commission reporting
- Analysis of monthly data in order to identify trends or issues as they arise
Skills required -
- Educated to degree level achieving 2:1 or above
- Strong A level and GCSE's
- 2 - 4 years' work experience working as a Fund Accountant
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Background in Financial Services essential
- Background in Asset Management highly advantageous
- Excellent Excel ability
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Self-motivated and ambitious - driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load