£35000 - £40000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their Banking Services Department. Situated within the Private Banking Department, Banking Services is a part of the Consumer Banking and Wealth Management division providing a wide array of retail banking products and services to the Bank's High Net Worth and Mass Affluent sector clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Service of existing client relationships
- Achieving high levels of service standards and maximize client satisfaction
- Assisting Wealth Management RMs in meeting the basic banking services needs of their clients
- Providing administrative assistance to clients as requested by their Private Banking RMs
- Compliance with the Bank's Policies and Procedures as well as FSA and anti-money laundering regulations
Main responsibilities will also include;
- To have direct ownership of accounts for customers for basic banking transactions and service requirements
- To be conversant with a wide range of Retail Banking products and services, to be competent in discussing basic banking products and services, including lending products, with all clients.
- To act as an effective "trusted advisor" in the delivery of these services to clients, assisting in delivering the optimum financial solution to clients at all times
- To develop and retain client relationships, while contributing actively to the business development goals of the unit
- To proactively contact customers in portfolio in order to capture higher share of wallet by cross-selling products and marketing new products and services.
- Responsible for account opening, initial relationship building and managing the early customer lifecycle for New to Bank customers
- Provide product and service information, advice and relevant products and services to customers to increase their awareness and promote their usage.
- Understand when to bring in Wealth Management RM and/or Product Specialists when specialized advice is needed and identify cross sell opportunities and refer business to the appropriate other areas of the bank (e.g. Wealth Management, Corporate Banking, etc.)
- Create and exploit opportunities to promote and sell a portfolio of products and services
- To be aware of broad market trends, customer preferences and new products, as well as activities of key competitors
- Accountable for regular monitoring of client satisfaction and service quality levels by ensuring that client expectations are consistently met and exceeded
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- At least 5 years' experience in a client facing role within a Personal Banking environment is essential
- Understanding of banking procedures and understanding of Banking Operations
- Possesses cultural awareness of Middle East clients required to maintain and develop client relationships
- Able to apply basic concepts and techniques while selling products targeted at pre-determined needs of the customers.
- Ability to compute numerical data by performing simple calculations using methods such as addition / subtraction and multiplication / division