£75000 - £83000 per annum
4 months ago
Global Asset Manager based in Central London seeks an ambitious, motivated Accountant with Fund experience to join a team of 10. You will be the second most senior person in the team and take responsibility for the supervision of financial reporting as well as fund accounting oversight and regulatory client and product change initiatives. This role does not directly manage any staff.
The business outsources all of its Fund Accounting so this is an oversight role. The key duties are:
- Responsible for overseeing the financial reporting and audit process of the fund complexes
- Dealing with stakeholders, fund administrators, fund custodian, audit partners and the fund companies' audit committees to ensure fund audits run smoothly.
- Advising and overseeing the fund administrator and other parties in areas of fund costs and expenses.
- Oversight of, and analysis on, expenses posted to the funds, in order to manage to agreed fee budgets.
- Liaison with tax advisors and agents to oversee and monitor the tax position of funds and investors
- Working with the funds' administrators to set and oversee asset pricing and portfolio valuation policies and procedures.
- Assisting the Director in setting objectives and priorities, producing management information reports and representing the team at governance and business meetings.
This is a senior position within the Fund Services team which will involve participation in the day-to-day and strategic management of the team. This role requires you to be a Qualified Accountant with Fund experience and knowledge of financial reporting and the audit process. Your fund accounting experience should including an understanding of fund charges and expense accruals.
There will be opportunities to participate in, and to lead, change management initiatives which may include regulatory developments, product implementation and process improvement projects
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an organised and flexible approach with thorough attention to detail.