City of London, London
£80000 - £100000 per annum
5 months ago
Multinational Investment Bank based in the City, are looking to recruit an Associate Director/Manager to join their expanding International Operations Department. You will provide daily operational support of Equity & Equity Finance Operations, for developing and executing goals and objectives regarding business delivery and operational effectiveness, internal business partner and external customer relationship management, change and innovation and risk management and control, within the context of the approved operational plan and team objectives.
The London Operations team is responsible for the processing of all aspects of daily Equity and Securities Lending activity. Great diligence is used to ensure all settlements and collateral exchanges are managed properly and timely thru daily reconciliations.
The Individual will operate as a technical expert in the joint development and implementation of business unit-specific strategies and project deliverables by providing specific input and leadership. In addition to their existing skills, further training on systems, procedures, project management, business analysis, and general business practices of the Firm will be provided.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Guarantee professionalism, motivation, service and quality
- Key participant serving as contact for system, process and regulatory projects and implementation
- Resolve Operational and Counterparty/Business Partner Issues
- Provide Leadership for the Day to Day Oversight of a team of Equity and Equity Finance professionals
- Methodical Reconciliation and Reporting Analysis
- Globally assist Management with all internal, corporate and external audits relating to the group
- Requires fundamental understanding of securities industry as it relates to the following: Depository Trust Company (DTC), CREST, Broadridge BPS System, GLOSS, PIRUM, Sungard Loanet/Global One Platform, Canadian Depository System (CDS) & All European Markets
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Equity Finance background, in various facets of Securities Lending is essential
- 12 + years of financial securities industry desired; or relevant Leadership and project development experience
- Strong Accounting/Reconciliation background or related experience
- High proficiency level in core computer applications including Excel
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to work in a high pressure work environment
- Ability to work independently with a variety of concreate variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists; interpret instructions as needed