City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
My client is looking for a Billings Administrator to work in their Finance team in West London. They are looking for someone who is immediately available and who has a willingness to learn and complete their accountancy qualification. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the utility billing process and to serve as the accounting representative for the Utilities function, preparing all journals and reconciliations.
- To provide monthly, quarterly and bi-annual billing reconciliations for each utility as appropriate, with supporting commentary
- To prepare and maintain consumption reconciliations for all utilities on a monthly basis.
- Analysis and preparation of P&L commentary to identify and explain key variances to budget and forecast in line with Head Office timetables.
- Recording, analysis and management of financial information within the JDE accounting system including preparation of accruals and prepayment schedules within agreed deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
- Maintain comprehensive process and system notes in order to ensure a complete audit trail.
- Build and manage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate timely access to information and enable smooth running of the Utilities function
- Help to ensure internal controls are followed and act upon deficiencies as identified.
- Degree Educated (2:1 or above)
- Actively studying for a financial qualification.
- Previous experience in preparing accounting journals and reconciliations Must had data entry experience
- Excellent in Excel
- Having the ability to work to strict deadlines with great attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to all levels