City of London, London
£85000 - £95000 per annum
19 days ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Board Secretary, who will come on board and manage all aspects of Board meetings (main full board and board sub committees). The sub committees include Audit, Risk and Compliance (ARCC); the RemCo and the Board Credit Committee
Main responsibilities will include;
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of a thorough induction programme for newly appointed directors.
- In conjunction with the Chairman and Chief Executive to plan, arrange and produce agendas, reports and subsequent minutes for meetings of the Board and committees.
- Provide advice to the chairman and the Board members on the conduct of meetings.
- Identify the ongoing development needs of directors and agree development. programmes where appropriate.
- Provide adequate administrative resources to facilitate the effective working of the Board.
- Facilitating the smooth operation of the company's formal decision making and reporting machinery
- Organising board and board committee meetings
- Formulating meeting agendas with the chairman and / or the chief executive and advising management on content and organisation of memoranda or presentations for the meeting
- Collecting, organising and distributing such information, documents or other papers required for the meeting
- Ensuring that all meetings are minuted and ensuring that minutes are maintained with certified copies of minutes
- All board committees are properly constituted and provided with clear terms of reference
- Ensuring that an annual general meeting is held in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act and the companies' Articles of Association
- Obtaining internal and external agreement to all documentation for circulation to shareholders
- Prepare and issuing notices of meetings, and distributing proxy forms
- Prepare directors for any shareholder questions and helping them create briefing materials
- At meetings, ensuring that proxy forms are correctly processed and that the voting is carried out accurately
- Coordinating and documenting changes in ownership structure
- Share and capital issues and restructuring
- Coordinating and managing the documentation of authorised changes in the structure of the company's' share and the loan capital
- Establishing and administering the registered office
- Attending to the receipt, co-ordinating and distribution of official correspondence received by the company, sent to its registered office
- Ensuring the provision of facilities for the legally authorised inspection of company documents
- Monitoring and laying in place procedures which allow for compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, particular under the Companies Acts including legal requirements on retention of documents
- Retaining the minimum set of records required for commercial reasons
- Ensuring that procedures are in place to allow adequate historical archives to be maintained
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have worked in a similar position (board or company secretary position) for a small/medium sized international bank and if possible come from a banking background within risk or compliance if possible.