City of London, London
£35000 - £38000 per annum
4 months ago
Wealth Management business based in the West End have an opportunity for a Bookkeeper to bring the accounts in-house and work as part of a small team. You will report to the Director of the business and be part of a team of 15 working alongside one other Accountant/Bookkeeper. The role is very rounded and offers good potential to grow as more of the accounts are taken in-house.
You will be accountable for a variety of tasks across finance including management and financial accounts. You will be second hire in finance.
- Ownership of monthly management accounts
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Monthly period end close process including preparation of regular month end journals and reconciliations
- Monitoring cashflow
- Provide assistance with quarterly regulatory reporting and client money reconciliations
- Provide assistance in the forecasting and planning process, including
- Liaising with auditors at year end
- Ad hoc analysis including trend analysis and market analysis on excel
- Systems - improvements to newly implemented system
- Process improvements and creating efficiency
- Set up of finance processes
Our client will consider applicants from any industry sector including practice as long as you can demonstrate a range of experience and good level of Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups). You must be willing to work in a smaller office of 15 people. Initiative will be key.