City of London, London
Up to £50000 per annum
23 days ago
International Consumer Goods company based in the City of London are looking to recruit a Business & Data Analytics Specialist to join their rapidly expanding innovation group within the business. The Business and Data Analytics Specialist, reporting to the Head of Analytics for Adjacencies, will be responsible for designing and delivering world class analytical solutions for our client's adjacencies businesses. The Business and Data Analytics Specialist will work as part of our client's Global Data Team, along with Data Engineers, Analytics Specialists and Data Scientists located across the world, to unlock the value of their data assets and build a truly data driven organization.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop tools and solutions that improve corporate analytics maturity to support growing demand
for fact based, customer-centric decision making.
- Design, develop and deliver self-service data infrastructure, ensuring data quality and proper
- Support the definition of roadmap for long-term analytics needs, serving the stakeholders needs
for business monitoring, insights and data driven automation.
- Communicate the value and manage the implementation of world-class data solutions.
- Develop ad hoc analysis of critical issues that impact business performance and translate the
analysis into actionable recommendations or automation opportunities.
- We are looking for data, insights and recommendations that lead to change, not simply reporting
on what has occurred.
- Administering and training people on business or web analytics platform to enable self-service
Sound interesting to you? Here's what we're looking for:
- Excellent analytic, quantitative and problem solving skills with proven ability to deliver actionable
insights that drive decisions and return on investment.
- Proficient in computer applications used to manipulate large data sets to analyse, test, validate
and report data.
- Strong skills in database modelling, database querying, web analytics platforms, business
intelligence platforms and advanced data wrangling in Excel.
- Clear understanding of modern data stores architectures and concepts of structured and
unstructured data types.
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to collaborate with people at all levels throughout
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to effectively communicate technical
concepts to non-technical audiences. Proficiency in English.
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities and multiple projects.
- True self-starters. Our client is proud of the speed at which our business moves and we are looking for
those who are willing to be a part of the our fast-paced environment
- Someone who is intellectually curious about people and data - you know how to ask questions to
get to the heart of the matter.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working with Data and Analytics.
- Relational databases, multidimensional databases
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence
- SQL, DAX, MDX
- PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Domo, PowerPivot, PowerQuery
- Social listening, market intelligence