City of London, London
3 months ago
Job Title: Cash Application Specialist (Accounts Receivable)
Fixed term contract (3-6 months)
To ensure accurate records of cash-received into the Business from clients is maintained.
To ensure an accurate and up-to-date AR picture is available, to assist the Collections team in driving down debt thereby increasing ICE cash-flows to assist with growth.
To liaise with the other AR sub-teams, to ensure a smooth process of communication on client payments and any issues arising.
- Day to day processing and allocating of cash received to appropriate clients and invoices, in RMB.
- Contact clients directly and liaise with the collections team, to ensure unidentified receipts are worked on each day and kept at an absolute minimum.
- Monitoring and processing of items highlighted each week on the Un-Reconciled Report.
- Timely and accurate recording, of payments returned to clients outside of the RMB refund process.
- Responding to queries from the Collections & Billing teams in a timely manner.
- Assist in forensic analysis of aged items and on-account payments to ensure open items are identified and closed out.
- Identifying and working through areas for improvement and increased automation with external consultants and the Corporate Systems team.
- Assist as required with the month-end Bank > GL reconciliations.
- Participating in the financial close process including sub ledger to GL reconciliations and ensuring all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responding to audit queries.
- To undertake ad hoc and other duties as required by the Shared Services team.
- Strong knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent system skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- High attention to detail;
- Highly developed personal communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting with ability to multi-task and effectively manage own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills with proven attention to detail;
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues;
- Organised and methodical.