City of London, London
£90000 - £110000 per annum
8 months ago
A rare opportunity to join a Financial Services firm as the Chief Accountant. You will take responsibility for the whole of finance and have two direct reports, one Part Qualified and one Fully Qualified Accountant. You will need to have Partnership/LLP experience and ideally (but not essential) some company secretarial and tax.
The business is small to medium sized and view finance as an integral and very visible part of the organisation. Finance sit in the centre of the company and get involved in all aspects of accounting as well various other duties that arise. You will need to be hands on and able to get involved at all levels plus be commercial and strategic. Technical skills are also key as this is a group role.
To be selected you will come from a Financial Services background and be a qualified accountant with a number of year's post qualified in a role where you have managed staff and gained partnership experience. There is also progression to the next step up.
Responsibilities are very broad and cover the following:
- Review monthly management accounts and commentary to agreed timetable
- Prepare financial updates to external investors
- Ensure quarterly and annual FCA returns are submitted accurately and on time
- Oversee preparation of comprehensive audit file and draft accounts/tax computations
- Managing one part qualified and one Fully Qualified Accountant including mentoring, appraisals and setting deadlines.
- Ensure internal procedures dealing with expense claims/supplier invoices are appropriate to maximise allowable VAT recovery
- Monitor expense recharges to clients to maximise recovery
- Monitor actual spend against budgets
- Oversee preparation of annual budgets for each location
- Monitor sales pipeline with appropriate fee-earners to ensure re-forecasts are accurate
- Prepare ad hoc re-forecasts of P&L and cash flow
- Direct/Indirect Taxes - UK and US taxes
- Systems Development
There are numerous other tasks you will be involved with. For example, you will contribute to due diligence on proposed acquisitions and subsequent financial integration. You will also contribute to discussions on LLP changes and ad-hoc financial and tax reviews and analyses.