City of London, London
£140000 - £160000 per annum
7 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Chief Banking Officer to join their rapidly expanding Banking Services department. This role will report directly into the CEO and the main purpose of the role is to provide senior management oversight for the key business areas of the Bank. The position is responsible for Credit Risk management, Retail Banking, Trade Finance. Global Transfer Services and Treasury Management function of the Bank. The position will be a member of the selected committees of the Bank
Main responsibilities will include;
- Direct supervisory responsibility for managing the marketing office functions overseas
- Retain, develop and grow the bank's correspondent banking business both in London and overseas
- Retain and develop offshore banking for corporates and select high-net worth individuals.
- Identify opportunities for the origination/participation of short to medium term structured transactions.
- Promote the image of the bank in the market place including trade bodies, professional firms etc.
- Provide leadership as required in client, staff and stakeholder management
- Market for and originate deals for the Bank as well as distribute risks to other Banks.
- Develop multi-level calling plans for the Relationships and the marketing offices to build trust and position the bank as a choice provider.
- Execute the Banks Intrest rate and liquidity strategy within defined parameters
- Guide ALCo with investment and trading strategies to maximise profiitablity and minimise risk
- Assess, manage and mitigate the Bank's over all foreign Exchange position
- Head the Banks sales of Treasury related products
- Manage the Bank's fixed income portfolio according to ALCo defined investment stratigies Manage the Banks Money Market and Cash management portfolo including HQLA defined by regulatory and stratigic parameters
- Manage the Head of department
- Ensure all treasury activity is compliant with treasury policy with regards to limits, permisions and mandates
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- The incumbent will be required to provide leadership in the development and execution of the bank's business strategy.
- Track record of successful corporate relationship management and business development track record in Africa
- Executive presence
- Strong corporate and sovereign credit skills
- Trade and financial institutions experience would be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Knowledge of fixed income and related securities products