City of London, London
£38000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting a client accountant on behalf of a global real estate company who are based towards the City of London.
The company who are also listed on the London stock exchange are looking for a Client Accountant to join their team and ensure the internal and external property accounting point of contact for a mixed-use portfolio, ensuring all rent, turnover rent, commercialisation income, direct recoverable and service charge accounts are correct and up to date.
- Produce and close monthly client statements and monthly VAT reports within two working days of month end in accordance with procedures
- Reconcile PPMS and GL balances
- Reconcile client bank accounts in accordance with the KSC deadlines and procedures
- Review Purchase orders raised by the Site team on a regular basis to ensure the Service charge trackers are always up to date and correct .
- Attend service charge accounting meetings with building teams to review accounts and assist with any queries
- Prepare quarterly service charge report and six- or nine-month service charge outturn forecast
- Ensure correct quarterly Rent, Turnover Rent and Service charge billing
- Maintain set up (startup) funds
- Ensure direct recoverable accounts are up to date, all utility reconciliations are reviewed, and appropriate supporting documents are sent to occupiers
- Ensure correct VAT returns and payments to HMRC
- Coordinate the production of the annual service charge budgets with the Property Teams. Organise and attend first and second draft budget meetings, amending and revising figures as necessary. Ensure budgets are issued at least one month prior to the new service charge year
- Ensure correct Insurance billing
- Deal with annual service charge audit queries
- Produce the year end accounts and issue the service charge packs within four months of the service charge year end.
- Assist in Statutory accounts preparation.
You will have experience with ECS/ Horizon/ MRI skills.
This role is paying up to £40k