Up to £40000.00 per annum
3 months ago
As a Commercial Real Estate Underwriter you will be responsible for:
- Underwriting Commercial Retail / Real Estate Credit proposals up to GBP 5
- Providing support to the Head Retail Credit in all operational areas of the Retail Credit
- Managing the assessment and processing of lending proposals from the Retail network primarily of CRE or Commercial Retail Credit and presentation of proposals to Sanctioning
- Operational responsibility for the annual review process for all existing credit portfolio loans to ensure that all borrowing requirements and covenants are being adhered to.
- Managing the review, assessment, investigation and minimising of credit risks associated with loan applications in accordance with the Banks operating policies and procedures.
- Providing a clear rationale for agreeing or rejecting applications, prior to submitting to the Head Retail Credit.
- Monitoring of existing loan portfolio, identifying early arrears or potential problem accounts and making necessary
- Liasioning with Solicitors / Valuation Firms for end to end solution for credit proposals
- Presentation to Risk Committee and other UK management committees for introduction and renewal of new / existing products.
As a Commercial Real Estate Underwriter you will need:
- Minimum two years' experience in underwriting or assessing credit
- Knowledge of UK regulatory framework, principles and rules
- Knowledge of UK lending environment
- Ability to take a measured view, balancing risk management against business
- Ability to clearly articulate opinions and summarise complex arguments
- Experience within the Commercial Real Estate space.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products