City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
7 months ago
My Client, a Global Leading Tech business based in the City of London is recruitnig for a Corporate Accountant to join their head office team.
- Management and control of Head Office Overhead actuals.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare monthly Central Overhead reports of actuals and commitments versus budget/forecast for all departments and review reports with budget holders and senior personnel.
- Review monthly Overhead expenditure - including correction of posting errors.
- Posting of accruals & prepayments and recharges
- Prepare monthly Overhead "Flash" forecast including analysis versus budget/quarterly forecast
- Manage the monthly project accounting for IT budgets.
- Production of monthly Fixed Asset register. Including impairment and retirement
- Expert approver of Assets
- Perform Monthly depreciation run ensuring that there are no unexplainable differences
- Manage monthly Balance Sheet report, and ensure all reconciliations are filed and signed.
- Prepare month end reconciliations of accruals, prepayments, recharges and fixed assets.
- Reconcile and post the monthly payroll for UK based companies
- Produce a monthly reconciliation of payroll postings to payments made to employees, Pension Fund and HMRC
- Produce a monthly head count report ensuring that heads are reported in correct cost centre and liaising with HR to ensure any variances' are explained and corrected
- Prepare all recharges for month end prior to month end close and ensuring that the recharge account is reconciled fully on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve Overhead Purchase Requisitions on behalf of Finance, ensuring accuracy and adherence to purchasing principles
- Support Accounts Payable team with Overhead specific queries
- Assist business users with SAP related issues
- Provide GTO with relevant tax information with regards to overhead costs
- Assist Internal audit, SOX audit and External audit teams with general ledger data requests and ensure all requested data is accurate and provided to requested timelines.
- Minimum of five years post qualified proven financial accounting experience working within a large multinational organisation
- Strong technical accounting skills - qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Previous proven experience of managing a team
- Previous proven experience of payroll reporting
- Previous experience of project accounting and managing large project budgets.
- Systems literate - with experience of SAP, Business Warehouse, BPC with an intermediate level of Excel competency