City of London, London
£45000 - £46000 per annum
14 days ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Credit Administration Officer to join their Risk Management Division. Your primary responsibility will be for Loan & Securities administration and you'll report into the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Collateral Management (Custodial tasks): Monitoring, managing and reporting on collateral documentation and ensuring they are up to date and viable. Monitoring inquiries, queries and flow of information regarding conveyance process(es) stemming from the banks solicitors and responding accordingly where required. Maintenance of the archives, securities and safe custody register;
- Corporate Seal Management: Maintaining process and register on the use of the banks seal. Providing report to the company secretary on use of the bank's seal for C&GPC/Board quarterly meetings.
- Credit Risk Systems (Flexcube) Facilities set up and maintenance (preparing disbursements, monitoring rollovers and repayments, fee instruction, input data in the system, collateral, etc.) in accordance with the terms and conditions approved; Limit set up, maintenance and follow-up. Working with IT and external consultants on Flexcube challenges. Monitoring and prompting management on limit breaches, lines expiry and system challenges
- Corporate Governance housekeeping: Assisting with preparation of Board Committee level documentation for quarterly meetings, ALCO & MRC documentations for monthly meetings. And CRECO weekly meetings. Prompting and booking ALCO/MRC/CRECO meetings and attending ALCO/MRC/CRECO meetings where required for minute taking.
- Operational Risk Management: Managing the Near Miss and Loss events register, Spotting issues that can be classed as near miss / loss events and prompt recording in the register accordingly, Preparing quarterly report in this respect for MRC/Board level meetings. Assisting with the Bank's RCSA review processes.
- Credit portfolio management: analysis, decision, formalisation and processing contract amendments; calculation, collection and accountability of principal and interests; monitor credit contracts, limit control; collaterals and client worthiness); Ensuring collection of relevant information ahead of expiring of limits; Chase for, and ensure periodic info stipulated in facilities are obtained as scheduled; Loan queries with agent banks and borrowers; Ensuring proper management sign off has been presented for transactions in accordance with the banks credit policy.
- Advice re legal documentation: Working with business lines & TF to help reduce documentation risk in respect of their individual transactions. Offering support and assistance to the relationship managers in understanding complex loan documentation. Commenting on and where necessary in-house drafting and reviewing loan documentation. Facilitating discussion and best practices in respect of Condition Precedent and Condition Subsequent items with the firm objective of ensuring the banks security perfection requirements are always the primary concern. Ensuring facility letters and trade agreements capture the modus operandi of the Credit analyst reviews and approved proposals. Scrutinizing drawdown requests and confirming documentation risks are reduced to enable final sign off by the CRCO. Maintaining best practices on documentation requirements.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports for management and audit as required.
- Monitoring for daily excesses on approved limits and chasing the first line RM's for explanation/resolution by customers
Ideal candidates must have the following experience and knowledge
- Awareness of banks area of business and the products offered.
- Awareness of the bank's core system; Flexcube and spot potential issues in booking new products.
- Ability to read complex documentation and comment accordingly.
- Firm grasp of the conveyance process to be able to advise the relationship managers accordingly on best practice.
- Good understanding of lending and trade finance operations.
- Loans and securities administration
- Credit portfolio management
- Credit analysis fundamentals awareness and potential to develop further with proper training and mentoring
- KYC processes
- Ability to conduct new BTL proposal assessment and spot AML concerns to either be addressed or referred to compliance.
- Must be Excel proficient.