City of London, London
£35000 - £50000 per annum
9 days ago
My client, a well established International Bank based in the City, due to business success are looking for a Credit Analyst to join their Shipping and Aviation team. Successful candidates will have Aviation experience and credit skills/excel modelling.
As a Credit Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the team in identifying and evaluating potential deal opportunities, including researching market developments and participants, pinpointing specific opportunities and supporting the subsequent origination process (establishing dialogue with the client and / or arranger of the transaction, pitching and securing the mandate, as appropriate).
- To assist the team with the successful origination, execution and ongoing management of asset-backed and unsecured finance transactions in the Aviation sector and to assist in expanding the Department's business with European clients.
- Assisting colleagues in reviewing and analysing the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants.
- Based on such understanding, assist with the preparation of internal requests for credit approval and any subsequent Q&A or other discussions with the Credit Supervision Department.
- Assisting colleagues with all aspects of the deal execution process, including reviewing and commenting on documentation, analysing financial aspects (including creation and/or manipulation of cash flow models, as appropriate), checking the correct incorporation of deal security and other credit mitigants, etc.
- Supporting the ongoing credit risk and compliance monitoring of the deal portfolio, including carrying out annual reviews and taking responsibility for processing material waivers, conducting "close monitoring" of problem scenario etc, as appropriate.
- Assisting with periodic reviews of the team's strategy with respect to industry sub-sectors, specific clients, terms of financing products, etc.
- Assisting the team to broaden and strengthen its range of personal relationships with target clients across the industry.
As a Credit Analyst you will need:
- Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in banking and credit analysis in the aviation sector.
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with financial and credit analysis techniques, including computer modelling.