City of London, London
4 months ago
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure all outstanding debts are collected on a timely basis;
- To assist with month-end reporting and reconciliations;
- To assist with the refinement of the credit-control process as the department and business expand.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains extensive debtor's ledger across multiple products and in different currencies.
- Work closely with the Business to ensure client billing and debt issues are communicated promptly and effectively.
- Ensures debts are collected before they become overdue whilst ensuring older debts are collected as soon as possible;
- Handles queries and resolves problems efficiently for Credit Control, Cash-App & Billing;
- Assist in forensic analysis of aged items and on-account payments to ensure open-items are identified and closed out;
- Assists in the preparation of relevant reports to show outstanding debt for internal control purposes as well as for month-end processes.
- Assists with the calculation of the quarterly bad debt provision.
- To undertake ad hoc and other duties as required by the Financial Operations team.
- Strong knowledge of excel
- Excellent system skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Customer facing and Client focused skills
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Billing / invoicing experience.
- Financial systems and process knowledge
Work Skills/General Skills
- Highly developed personal communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting with ability to multi-task and effectively manage own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills with proven attention to detail;
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues;
- Highly organised and methodical.