£150 - £160 per annum
9 months ago
We have an excellent opportunity available located in East London. The role is being offered on a 6 month temp basis with view to go permanent after the interim period. You will be assisting the manager and senior credit controller with invoicing, cash collection and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Raise invoices for event and non-event related revenue streams. Timing of invoices should be according to existing contractual agreements maintained with clients.
Collection of outstanding receivable balances
- To ensure payments are received for outstanding invoices as they fall due. This may involve resolving any inherent queries that will ensure the timely collection of cash.
- Credit Control tools including direct telephone calls, reminder letters, statements and email correspondence will be used to achieve this.
- Working closely with Sales and Account Managers to facilitate collection of overdue debts.
- Collecting client remittance advices to ensure correct cash allocation on debtor accounts.
- Liaising with the Services department with regards to ancillary billing and overdue invoices.
- Assisting with Cash posting and allocation in the absence of Treasury Accountant.
- Provide support to Credit Managers when required, especially during periods of back-to-back events.
- Provide cover during absences within Credit Management Team
- Prepare reports for monthly debtors meeting updating Finance Manager & Financial Controller on progress using aged debt, invoice and cash receipts reports.
- Perform Credit Checks on new clients when required.
- Work closely with Credit Managers to achieve reduced Average Debtor Days and overall debt.
- Liaising with debt collection agency.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Development of the financial control environment
- Working alongside the Financial Controller and Finance Manager to adhere to, monitor and improve internal controls and procedures including the Credit Management Protocols.
- Ensure adherence to controls covering refunds, credit notes and re-issue of invoices.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Some experience within a database environment is desirable.
- Must be up-to-date with current best practice in credit management and collection.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the options for and consequences of escalation of collection procedures, e.g. legal action, collection agencies etc.