£25000 - £28000 per annum
2 months ago
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Control / Billing Analyst will be responsible for:
- Ownership of account procedures, ability to manage & prioritise customer ledger and office accounts
- Send out monthly client statements/reminder letters as agreed.
- Assist in developing the credit management capability within the organisation.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending credit.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending credit.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history and purchasing activity.
- Ensuring customer ledger details are always up-to-date (general housekeeping - full reconciliation)
- Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Experience of dealing with clients at all levels, including high net worth individuals.
- Propose write - off of irrecoverable debt/bad debt provisions.
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system.
- Help to meet cash and debtor day targets set by the organisation - monthly / yearly.
- Help to chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales keeping company credit exposures within set risk bearing limits.
- Make recommendations about procedural / policy changes.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner and flag to manager if accounts are out of greed payment terms.
- Regular meetings with account managers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Raising customer invoices (approx. 500 accounts).
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customer's financial status.
- Update client agreements in SAP.
- Raising Credit Notes and Journals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a 2/3 years of international credit control experience
- Be degree qualified
- Have the desire to complete an Accounting qualification
- Have the desire to develop and grow within a fast paced working environment