City of London, London
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits
25 days ago
A Global Leading Media business in the City is looking for a Credit Control / Billing Analyst to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Control / Billing Analyst will be responsible for:
- Ownership of account procedures, ability to manage & prioritise customer ledger and office accounts
- Assist in developing the credit management capability within the organisation.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending credit.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history and purchasing activity.
- Ensuring customer ledger details are always up-to-date
- Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system.
- Help to meet cash and debtor day targets set by the organisation - monthly / yearly.
- Help to chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Regular meetings with account managers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Raising customer invoices.
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customer's financial status.
- Update client agreements in SAP.
- Raising Credit Notes and Journals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a 1-2 year's in a credit control role
- Be degree qualified (2:1 or above)
- Have the desire to complete an Accounting qualification
- Have the desire to develop and grow within a fast-paced working environment
- Sage 200 experience is strongly desirable