City of London, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Position: Credit Controller
Team: UK Finance
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: City of London
This role is responsible for Credit Controller and supporting the Finance Director on Working Capital Targets. It is an excellent opportunity with cash collection being high profile both within UK and Group. The candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to grow both personally and professionally within the company given the excellent learning and experience platform the role provides.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, intelligent, ambitious team player with strong communication skills who will recognise the opportunities presented by a growing business in a global listed Plc. They will work closely with all business areas to assist in ensuring our strong client relationships and high service levels are maintained and enhanced.
- Cash Collection for all 3 service lines of the business
- Focus on both large invoices and invoices by age
- Work towards cash collection targets
- Help support business on tackling aged debtors over 120 days
- Cash collection via telephone, email or even face to face meetings
- Work with 3rd party agency if required
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly review of Debtor Balances with Financial Controller/Finance Director/Group Finance
- Support AR Analyst on allocations of funds
Support Finance Team
- Assist other members of Finance team when required
- Opportunity to learn other areas of Finance (if interested)
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in credit control- essential
- Prior experience is B2B - essential
Proven track record of reducing debtor days and debtor balances - essential
- Allocations of funds - strongly preferred but not essential
- The candidate will need to demonstrate the desire to provide excellent client service in the face of conflicting demands and tight reporting deadlines.
- Time management, organisational ability, diligence and accuracy of work are essential in this role.
- The ability to prioritise effectively in order to meet deadlines within the context of a demanding workload.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, both within finance and a multi-disciplinary setting.
- The ability to be flexible and pro-active in meeting the ever-changing requirements of our internal and external clients.