Manchester, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £22000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 1 month ago
1. Work closely with the Group Credit Controller to undertake all activities required to collect aging debt including emailing and calling clients and/or their Accounts Payable teams
2. Re-issue invoices to gain payment, where required 3. Apostille requests for our Service of Process, including arranging for the invoice to be issued for the services
4. To obtain current certificate of residency from HMRC (clients often require these to make payments)
5. Take credit card payments
6. Work with the Finance Administrator for Cash and Banking to investigate and resolve any client payment queries, ensuring cash is applied to the account where appropriate.
7. Support the wider Accounts Receivable process, as required.
* Contribute to the development of the Finance team processes to ensure these are cohesive, efficient and effective.
* Undertake training and development as appropriate and engage fully in the performance management process.
* Where regulatory rules apply, abide by these in spirit and fact
* Carry out such other tasks as you may be reasonably directed to do by the senior management team from time to time.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* A strong background in Credit Control and dealing with high volumes of work
* Strong organisational skills, a highly systematic and logical approach and the ability to multi task
* Strong attention to detail * Outstanding numeracy, data management and manipulation skills
* Strong communication skills and a confident telephone manner * IT literate, including strong Microsoft Excel skills
* Inquisitive mind Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and/or BQE Core
* Takes full ownership for the delivery of tasks
* Readiness to work to enhance the available resources * A "sleeves rolled up" style of working
* Independent thinker, proactive problem-solver AND also able to ask for help when needed
* Able to say "no" if needs be to ensure expectations of senior stakeholders are not mismanaged
* Resilience, willingness to listen, learn and incorporate feedback
* Diligent, analytical with excellent attention to detail without loss of pace
* Ambitious and keen to take on additional responsibility