£70000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Credit Director to join their expanding Credit Department. The Credit Department is responsible for all credit matters affecting the branch. This includes the processing of credit applications sourced by the Relationship Managers (RMs), the monitoring and administration of credit facilities (including the safe custody of security documents and the preparation of annual reviews and month/quarter end reports), and liaison with the Private Banking, Credit Administration and Group Credit Departments overseas.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Acting as departmental Head to manage workflows and oversee the performance of the Credit Team
- Working with Head of Private Banking and RMs to understand the client objectives and ensure compliance with the necessary business and regulatory standards
- Developing and regularly reviewing the credit policies and procedures for the London Branch with particular reference to real estate lending and Lombard lending
Main responsibilities will include;
- Ensure all reviews and renewals are managed efficiently
- Increase the bank's lending book by successfully processing applications originated by the Private Banking team.
- Senior adviser to RM's on credit application to facilitate approval of credit facility
- Assist the Relationship Managers to develop and retain client relationships while contributing actively to the business development and financial goals of the branch.
- Overseeing the drafting and negotiation of documentation for credit facilities.
- Manage recovery process to minimize losses
- Assist the Head of Private Banking with credit responsibilities including reviewing Excess Reports.
- Assessing credit applications and credit risk in accordance with PB credit policy.
- Deputise for and support other team members by attending to clients' needs in their absence whilst adhering at all times to the FCA competencies requirements.
- Expected to deal effectively with clients and professional advisers i.e. attend client meetings with RMs, deal with external Lawyers and occasional property visits as required by RM's.
- Assisting and oversight of the preparation of Facility Applications, credit reviews, preparation of loan documentation and negotiation of credit terms.
- Remains informed about market trends, customer preferences and new products. Contributes to all aspects of the marketing mix including product development
- Assist in preparing necessary reports for the Branch Risk Committee.
- Safeguard the reputation of the bank by employing best practice and acting in a professional manner at all times. Ensure that a high level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Developing the real estate lending process for the bank and maintaining the loan book in good order.
- Meet client satisfaction and service quality levels by performing administrative tasks effectively to fulfil client requirements.
- Liaise with Credit Administration Team to ensure facility/loans are processed accurately.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Has worked in a credit role within a private banking environment with responsibility for credit risk assessment.
- Has strong understanding of development finance
- Possesses market intelligence and sound knowledge of competitor products.
- Is conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services.
- Has extensive knowledge of the UK property lending market and the ability to develop the London branch real estate lending program
- Expertise in Real Estate Credit (Residential (regulated and unregulated), Commercial, Prime Central London and development finance) and on Investment Facilities (Lombard Facilities, secured on shares and other bonds and marketable securities)