£45000 - £55000 per annum
25 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in London, are looking to recruit a Customer Services Manager to join their rapidly expanding Personal Banking department.
Main purpose of the role will include;
- Manage High and Ultra High net worth client requirements within the UK regulatory permissions as the London Branch
- Responsible for maintaining customer service standards across all Personal Banking client facing areas of the bank, including the retail branch, the real estate team in conjunction with the relevant business heads. This will be done under the guidance of the VP, Head of Customer Services and in line with the UK Personal Banking strategy.
- Responsible for day to day customer service and client support requirements of the Personal Banking division in the UK.
- Supervisory responsibilities for the customer services officers and the retail banking services offered
- Responsible for identifying process improvements, system enhancements with the aim to increase service productivity, creating efficiencies & enhancing the client experience.
- The role has the delegated authority of the VP, Head of Customer Services in their absence
- Handle client enquiries and update clients on their portfolios as required and responsible for maintaining up to date client data
- Ensure proper processing of client applications, obtain and maintain appropriate documentation including new client on-boarding
- Responsible for Periodic KYC Reviews in a timely manner of clients as per UK compliance policies
- Attend and respond to website queries and phone calls in a professional manner as per the service standards of the bank
- Attend walk-in client queries in a professional manner as per the service standards of the bank
- Actively participate in customer centric activities like, Customer Surveys, Client events, informative broadcast updates to clients on new investment opportunities and Market Trends.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports as required for the VP, Head of Customer Services
- Conduct service quality audits by developing suitable checklists, questionnaires, providing recommendations on ways of improvement
- Participate in the development and execution of the policies and procedures framework that will allow the bank to effectively meet its customer service objectives
- Provide inputs in developing key performance indicators for the Customer Service Officers in line with PB strategy
- Supervisory responsibility for the team and first point of reference for Customer Service officer for problem resolution and escalation of issues as necessary
- Undertake all aspects of cash limits with alternative cash counter service providers, including accurate input of associated vouchers if required and as back up to customer service officers
- To be able to undertake duties of the Head of Counter Services as a deputy if required
- Authorisation/verification of necessary transactions in counter services
- Vault custodian in the absence of the VP, Head of Customer Services
- Monitor customer profiling methods to allow for the establishment of initiatives for the improvement of the overall customer experience
- Provide initial assessment of the client risk profile based on the Customer Risk Assessment tool
- Liaise with the MLRO on all matters relating to the opening of accounts and report any concerns to the VP, Head of Customer Services
- Review all account opening documentation and checklists for clients
- Oversee customer incoming customer communication (post, phone, emails etc.) and ensure timely response to queries and issues
- Review all incoming funds via SWIFT and Clearing
- Responsibility for reviewing client account, to ensure they meet UK standards of the Financial Crime Framework
- Suggest effective ways to the VP, Customer Services, of evaluating on the job performance and providing timely feedback to Customer Service Officers
- Act as the delegate of the VP, Head of Customer Services as and when required. This will entail overseeing the entire customer service team that includes all retail banking services offered
- Take on any other projects and tasks and other responsibilities in the Customer Services department as assigned by the Management
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Bachelor's degree level in accountancy/ commerce/ economics
- Professional qualifications such as (MBA, CISI, CFA, CMA or regional equivalent) are advantageous
- Relevant banking experience in Retail Banking/Personal Banking/ Wealth Management and should have a good understanding of Private Banking Products & Services
- A good understanding of UK regulations relating to AML & KYC and RDR regulations
- Supervisory / Team-Lead experience in a banking environment preferred
- Experience in working within a high demand, high value cash operational area
- Knowledge of BACS and Cheque & Clearing rules
- Experience in a Customer Service role and exemplary levels of customer service
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills; knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage
- Good Organisation skills, ability to work under time pressure & meet deadlines
- Solution Oriented and Ability to satisfactorily resolve client queries / problems.
- Of sound judgement, particularly in relation to identifying risks and addressing client issues
- Strong MS Office skills