£85000 - £90000 per annum
about 2 months ago
A very unique and exciting opportunity has become available with my Client, an international Bank based in the City, to lead a team of 12, support the Head of Operations in developing and implementing the operations strategy and to take lead on systems/regulatory projects.
As a Deputy Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead and motivate the team to achieve departmental objectives
- Define roles and regularly review responsibilities, define individual objectives and direct/allocate work as required
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports, evaluate performance and complete appraisal documents in line with the Bank's Performance Management process.
- Identify individual development areas and work with HR to identify appropriate learning solutions
Systems and processes/Reporting
- Lead and support the delivery of system/process related projects and system/procedural enhancements in line with agreed project timeline and within budget.
- Ensure the department's standard operating procedures (SOPs) are efficient, detailed and always up to date.
- Proactively look for ways to streamline processes further increasing the efficiency, removing risks of human error and delivering high standards of customer service.
- Work alongside the Head of Operations and look for ways to obtain accurate KPI reports and utilise MS operating tools to deliver performance management information.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Review and evaluate processes controls to ensure the effective management of risks.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge and awareness of CTF/AML requirements and raise awareness within the team for monitoring and reporting suspicious activity.
- Maintain overview of all Control aspects reviewing outstanding Investigations cases, aging items and static data issues
- Own the department's RCSA document and ensure it is maintained and regularly reviewed.
- Performing final off as required in line with the department's SOPs.
- Own and maintain the Business Continuity Plan and the Business Impact Assessment for the department and ensure individuals are aware of their business continuity responsibilities.
- Identified as key staff to carry out crisis management and/or business continuity role & responsibilities on behalf of the bank.
As a Deputy Operations Manager you will need:
- Leadership and management skills
- Strong understanding of payments and payments systems
- Strong control mind-set
- Strong knowledge of the CTF/AML requirements
- Keen interest in new developments in the payments world and related technology
- Degree preferred but not essential