This global London based bank seek a DevOps Engineer to ensure the Streamline software development and operations processes for banking systems. Implement and manage continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for applications
- Enhance collaboration, automation, and efficiency in the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of banking applications and services.
- Monitor and optimize the performance and availability.
- Implement and manage containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Cloud/On Premise Administration
- Deploy updates and fixes and provide Level 2 technical support.
- Access management - create application users, and roles and assign rights.
- Build tools to reduce the occurrence of errors and improve customer experience.
- Perform root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate virtualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Maintenance of Faster Payment, CHAPS, and other bank payment rails
- Disaster Recovery Drill
- Management of Kubernetes (the Platform that runs the NDBS applications)
- Cloud updates and upgrades
- Manage Application integration endpoint.
- Crystal Report Systems and generation of batch and ad-hoc MIS
- Cloud Database Management
EDUCATION & TRAINING
A Bachelor's or master's degree in an IT related field
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of AWS cloud system including but not limited to Elastic Kubernetes Service, Elastic Beanstalk, CI/CD pipeline, Github, Lambda, Terraform, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail
- Experience of using Monitoring tools (e.g., Grafana)
- Hands on experience of Database Management systems ORACLE RDS, Aurora PostgreSQL, SQL Server Hands on experience of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows)
- Hands on expertise of scripting (Shell, Bash, Python)
- Good knowledge of writing SQL for Financial Reporting.
- Understands middleware & API gateways
- Good Knowledge of API, MQ & SFTP services.
- Experience of working and supporting mission critical systems with maintaining 24x7x365 uptime
- Experience of managing IT incidents and Disasters.
- Good Knowledge of applying application patches and validate them.